Whether your Wrangler is being driven around town or off-road, it’s important to have the right tool for the job. That’s why we’ve developed a diverse collection of premium stainless-steel exhaust systems for Jeep Wranglers, including Street, Competition, Rock Crawler, and Off-Road Pro. This buying guide will help you choose the best aftermarket exhaust system for your needs.
When shopping for a replacement for your stock exhaust system, there are several things to consider, including sound, series (performance), type (configuration), exit style, and tip finish.
To see what’s available for your particular Jeep Wrangler, use MagnaFlow’s Shop by Vehicle tool. Once you have entered your Jeep’s year, make, model, and other information, you can easily review the available offerings in terms of sound level or filter by available options.
Determine Your Exhaust Sound Preference
A major reason why people buy new exhaust systems is a desire for better sound. MagnaFlow makes a wide variety of exhaust kits that produce exterior and interior sounds that cater to individual preferences. If you choose an exhaust that’s louder than stock, check to make sure it meets your local noise regulations. For each exhaust system we offer, we clearly indicate both the exterior and interior sound levels, and typically we provide video clips with audio so you can hear for yourself.
- Exterior sound: moderate, aggressive or very aggressive
- Interior sound: mild, moderate or aggressive
Consider Your Driving Style
A reason to buy a new exhaust system is to enhance performance. Our exhausts are developed with dyno testing to ensure they perform at their best whether on-road or while hitting the trails. Our manufacturing standards include:
- Mandrel bent piping — To preserve flow and power.
- Laser cutting and CNC robotics — For precision and consistency.
- Stainless steel tubing and mufflers — For durability and corrosion/rust resistance.
- Best for: The Daily Driver
- Sound Level: Moderate — Exterior, Mild — Interior
MagnaFlow Rock Crawler Series performance exhaust systems provide a high-clearance design to ensure the exhaust doesn’t interfere with your suspension or find its way between a rock and a hard place (yes, we said it). They have an aggressive exterior sound and a moderate interior sound.
- Best for: Off-Roading and Rock Crawling
- Sound level: Aggressive — Exterior, Moderate — Interior
Off-Road Pro Series Exhaust Systems
- Best for: The versatile Jeeper who wants to make an entrance
- Sound level: Aggressive — Exterior, Aggressive — Interior
- Best for: The high-performance Jeep
- Sound level: Moderate — Exterior, Mild - Interior
Additional Items to ConsiderNow that you have chosen which of our Exhaust Series best fits your lifestyle, it's time to move on to other factors that will impact your choices.
Exhaust ConfigurationsDifferent MagnaFlow exhaust systems replace different amounts of the stock exhaust system, affecting sound, performance, weight and cost. For Jeeps, we offer:
- Axle-Back: Replaces the muffler, tailpipe, and tips. This set up is known for its easy bolt-on installation, affordable cost, and its positive impact on the sound of your ride.
- Cat-Back: Replaces everything after the catalytic converter, including the mid-pipe, muffler, tailpipe, and tips. This setup is known for reducing the overall weight of your vehicle and increasing both the performance and sound of your ride.
Exit StyleDepending on the year, make, model and style of your Jeep, different exit styles may be available. Examples of Jeep Wrangler exhaust exit styles, with dual or single tip mufflers, include:
- Dual Split Rear
- Single Straight Driver Side Rear
- Single Straight Passenger Side Rear
- Turndown In Front Of Rear Tire
Tip FinishDepending on the year, make and model of your Jeep, several muffler tip finishes may be available. These include:
- Black Coated: Black ceramic coating that looks great and helps protect your exhaust system from the elements. Available for our Street and Competition Series.
- Polished: Polished stainless steel tips look like chrome. Available for our Street and Competition Series.
- Satin: Satin finish is less glossy than a polished finish. This is mostly offered for our Rock Crawler and Off-Road Pro Series.
Taking all items into consideration, you can get started now with our user-friendly Shop by Vehicle tool. Once you pick the right fit for your Wrangler, you'll be able to dominate any terrain.
Have questions or need recommendations? Give us a call at 1-800-990-0905 and we’d be happy to help.